Each year, the Easton Foundations is presented with many grant applications for archery equipment and range improvements from dedicated youth programs and organizations. Because of this high volume and our current commitments, we hope you’ll understand we are unable to fulfill all requests and are only accepting a limited amount of grant applications for requests of $250-$500.
Grant applications must be in by May 1st. A complete grant application with the check list must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or returned. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
REQUIREMENTS: All grant applications must include the following:
- A complete and signed application including the check list. Application must have FEIN#.
- Please tell us how your organization will partner with us to help support our centers, programs, efforts and our mission.
- Itemized list of how the funds will be used.
- Copy of the IRS determination letter for qualified IRS 501(c)(3) organizations or IRS Government determination letter. Call IRS at 1-877-829-5500 to obtain a copy of your IRS determination letter/government exempt letter. Sample IRS Determination Letter for qualified 501(c)(3) organizations. This is NOT the W9 or Sales Tax Exempt Letter.
- Copy of the most recent 990 or Financial Statements
- Copy of USA Archery Certification.
Note: The Easton Foundations does not fund grants for salaries, travel, lodging, meals, prizes or non-archery equipment.
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT PROGRAM:
- How many kids per archery class? How many shoot at the same time?
- Does your program/camp run weekend, week-long, all year or seasonal? Please explain.
- How many are Elementary (5-11), Middle School (12-14), High School (15-18), College (18-22) and Adult (over 22)?.
- Do you have additional funding sources? Do you have matching funds?
- Does your school/organization plan on having fundraisers to assist with the cost of the program? If not, what are the plans to raise additional funds?
- What kind of follow-up do you do in order to measure the success of your program?
- One of the goals of the Easton Foundations is to grow the pool of competitive archers. What other archery opportunities will your program provide to the young men and women? What resources does your program provide to them to allow them to pursue Archery further?
- If the Foundation were to fund your project, how will the program sustain itself in the future?
- Are you currently working with members in your community to assist in the expansion of your program?
- How will your program benefit the community?
- What archery resources are available to your community? (List websites and provide a list of local ranges/parks or clubs)
- Are you currently associated or working with USA Archery or any other archery association?
- For safety and for teaching proper technique, we do require that all archery programs funded by the Easton Foundations demonstrate that their instructors/coaches are archery certified. How many coaches in your program have active USAA archery certification based on your group size?
If you have received a previous grant from the Easton Foundations and you are requesting additional funding, please answer the following:
- How many kids shot archery in the year prior to receiving our grant?
- How many kids shot archery in the years since receiving our grant?
- How many kids do you estimate will shoot archery next year?