Benefits for our Youth
- Develops mental focus
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Increases physical fitness
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Teaches a life-sport
- Improves learning skills
- Promotes teamwork and sportsmanship
- Opens opportunities to an Olympic-style sport
Benefits for Parks and Rec Departments
- Attracts people of all ages. Archery is a lifelong sport and both young and old can shoot a bow.
- Anyone can participate regardless of athletic or physical ability. Archery can also be adapted for those with physical disabilities.
- Reaches a wide range of people. Many people who would not normally participate in a sport are attracted to archery.
- Archery is a safe sport.
- Offers a variety of archery programs, from Park Archery League to Explore Archery and JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Development).
- Archery is an Olympic sport and provides archers with many opportunities.
- Your teams can compete with other Parks and Rec Departments in league play as well as championship events hosted by your local State Archery Associations.